Welcome to Swan Lake Cabins
Swan Lake Cabins can be a convenient and peaceful base for your vacation to Glacier National Park and the Flathead Valley. Here, you can immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring beauty and tranquility of the wilderness that Montana is known for. We are an easy hour drive from Glacier National Park and minutes from Flathead Lake and the artist village of Bigfork, with its numerous galleries, renowned Bigfork Summer Playhouse repertory theatre, and fine and casual dining.
Our five cabins are nestled in the woods on 15 acres at the very foot of the Rocky Mountains and the Bob Marshall Wilderness area. You can walk out the door and hike or stroll the grounds enjoying the many views of Swan lake, the mountains and abundant wildlife. We are within a mile of the over 2 million acre Flathead National Forest where wildlife and recreational opportunities abound.
Our log cabins sleep 2-4 in quality queen beds and are equipped with modern conveniences including private baths with hot water. You will feel instantly at home surrounded by the coziness of log walls, hand made log furniture, and western style art and furnishings. Cabins are sited to allow you to enjoy the wilderness setting, while maintaining the perfect balance of privacy and a feeling of security. Beginning June 2013 our 3BR, 2BA Swan View home is available as a vacation rental cabin and / or base for larger group events.
Awakening to the song of birds, gazing at brilliantly star-studded night skies, or telling stories around your own camp fire can create memories which you are sure to treasure. After dinner you might enjoy watching the sunset over the lake and mountains from the meadow picnic area or be mesmerized by a campfire in the fire pit at your own cabin.
- Kitchenettes w/ small refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker w/fresh ground coffee
- Propane barbecue w/side burner
- 3 BR, 2 BA Swan View Vacation home with full kitchen
- Private grounds with picnic table and fire pit for each cabin
- Private parking areas and boat parking
- Porch swings & hammocks
- Lovely views of mountains and Swan Lake
- Wildlife appreciation
- Outdoor picnic areas with lake and mountain views
Food / Dining
- Hearty continental breakfast is included
- Make your own feast on propane grill with side burners
- Terrace Supper Club Restaurant less than .5 mile on Swan Lake’s idyllic Emerald Bay
- Cell phone coverage
- WiFi available from the Swan View home and surrounding grounds
- Cable TV available in Swan View Vacation home
Things to Do
- Visiting Glacier National Park with its abundant outdoor recreation opportunities
- Visiting the lesser known Montana gems including the Flathead National Forest and Bob Marshall Wilderness which are virtually at our doorstep
- Abundant water recreation on nearby lakes and rivers: boating, rafting, kayaking, tubing
- Area is famous for fishing in rivers, lakes, and streams
- Numerous nearby hiking opportunities
- Mountain biking and bicycling
- Nature photography
- Wildlife appreciation. This area is home to 170 species of birds and the widest variety of large mammals in the lower 48 states.
- National Bison Range
- Jewel Basin
- Motorcycle touring along this very popular scenic route
- Golfing at a number of nearby golf courses
- Horseback riding
- Attending plays at the Bigfork Summer Playhouse, renowned repertory theatre
- Visiting Bigfork artist village galleries and fine-dining restaurants
- Guided outdoor trips into the back country
- Enjoy famous Flathead cherries and other fruits and vegetables at local farmers’ markets
- Or just relax in the hammock and porch swing at your cabin or stroll the grounds appreciating wildlife and the lake and mountain scenery
Planning a Gathering?
Swan Lake Cabins are a favorite for family reunions and wedding parties of up to 25 as well as for small business retreats. Ask us about renting the entire property which includes five cabins which sleep from 2-4 adults with ability to accommodate up to 2 children per cabin plus the Swan View home with 3 bedroom and 2 bath, full kitchen and 2 levels of porches, all with panoramic views of Swan Lake and the Mission Mountains.
In Need of a Personal Retreat?
Our cabins are a supportive and inspiring place for personal reflection and renewal as well as creative pursuits. If you are feeling a need for a change of direction or renewed focus, your host Linda Brentano is available to help you plan a personal retreat. Linda is also available for career and personal coaching by appointment. Ask about upcoming workshops and retreats.
Our facilities are also available to outside facilitators and organizations for small group events and residential programs.
For More Information
Click here to view photos of the cabins, check availability, or to make secure on-line reservations. Or, if you prefer reach us by phone at 406-837-1137 we would be happy to answer your questions and handle reservations.
How to Find Us
Swan Lake Cabins are located 9 miles Southeast of Bigfork Montana on Highway 83 up a private road just north of Milepost 78 and just South of the Terrace Supper Club Restaurant.